Iran has issued a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) indicating planned rocket launches across parts of southern Iran on Thursday, February 19, between 0330 GMT and 1330 GMT, as per news agency Reuters.
The advisory was reflected on the US Federal Aviation Administration’s website on Wednesday, February 18.
The development comes alongside ongoing naval drills by Iran in the Strait of Hormuz and ahead of a scheduled joint naval exercise with Russia.
The notice was issued amid escalating tensions with the United States, which has positioned warships near Iranian waters.
Read more: Ukraine dissatisfied with ‘difficult’ talks, US sees ‘meaningful progress’
The NOTAM system provides essential safety updates to pilots, flight crews and other airspace users.
Aviation security warnings and IndiGo advisory
IndiGo, in an advisory issued on February 16, stated that flights to and from Tbilisi, Almaty, Baku and Tashkent remain affected due to ongoing regional developments.
The airline has extended previously announced cancellations until March 28, offering customers alternative travel options or full refunds.
Travel Advisory
Considering the ongoing developments in the region around Iran and its associated airspace, flights to/from Tbilisi, Almaty, Baku and Tashkent remain impacted.The previously announced cancellations have been extended until 28th March 2026. The safety and…
— IndiGo (@IndiGo6E) February 16, 2026
In a separate development, Netherlands-based Dyami Security Intelligence has advised aviation clients to prepare for potential disruption across Gulf airspace.
Analysts warned of “Short-notice airspace closures, expanded restricted zones, GPS interference, increased military traffic, and possible missile or drone activity” if military operations begin, as per a report by Aviation International News (AIN).
US military buildup and nuclear talks
US Vice President JD Vance has said Washington is weighing whether to persist with diplomatic engagement or consider alternative options.
Amid these developments, the United States has deployed more than 50 fighter aircraft — including F-22, F-35 and F-16 jets — to the Middle East within 24 hours as high-level nuclear discussions with Iran continued in Geneva, as per the Times of Israel.
Open-source flight tracking data showed intensified US air movements towards Europe and the Gulf. Over 250 US cargo flights carrying equipment to Jordan, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia have been recorded in recent weeks, as per a report by The Times of India (TOI).
Read more: Iran upbeat after US talks but JD Vance says ‘red lines’ not met
Continued delivery of American air defence systems to the region were also reported, as per CNN.
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said the second round of talks in Geneva produced agreement on “guiding principles” for future negotiations.
“We have reached understandings on the guiding principles, but the drafting and writing phase of the agreement will be more difficult,” Araghchi was quoted as saying by CNN.
“Right now we have a much clearer picture of what work needs to happen and what work needs to continue of course both sides still have work to do to get closer together but at least now we have a framework and a clearer path to go on,” he added.

